Life is pretty full & I’ve not posted in yonks. Here I am though, somewhat frazzled & frayed but making a very quick appearance nonetheless. And it’s blueberry season & I had to share with you a gorgeous chipotle salmon, blueberry & corn salad I made a few weeks ago. Reminiscent of Tex-Mex flavors, this salad has a lovely smoky, hot, lime & cilantro dressing, lots of veggies & it’s simple to throw together.
I’m getting ready to head home to Australia in a mere couple of weeks. I’m looking forward to seeing my family, eating some good Aussie food & hopefully enjoy some cool winter weather. I’ve not been away from my hubby & the hairless duo for this long before & I have to say the anticipation is filling me with some angst. I will be kept very busy while I’m home but I hope to add a post or two of my Down Under adventures. Stay tuned!
- SMOKY LIME DRESSING
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped cilantro (coriander) leaves
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 canned chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey or agave
- pinch of salt & pepper
- SALMON SALAD
- 12 oz (340g) salmon fillet (pin bones removed)
- 2 tablespoons adobe sauce (from canned chipotle chilies)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 corn cobs, shucked & brushed with oil
- 2 cups chopped romaine (cos) lettuce
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup toasted pumpkin (pepita) seeds
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 avocado, peeled & chopped
- To make the dressing: Place all ingredients in a blender; blend until smooth.
- To make the salad: Preheat a barbie to medium-high heat. Brush adobo sauce all over salmon. Sprinkle with. Cook on greased grill for about 4 minutes per side depending on thickness of salmon. Do not over cook.
- Cook corn on same grill, about 10 minutes, turning occasionally, until grill marks appear; let stand until cool enough to handle. Turn corn on a cut end & using a sharp knife, shear kernels from cob.
- Arrange lettuce, corn, salmon, onions, blueberries, seeds, cabbage & avocado on platter or in dish. Serve with dressing.